Saturday, August 29, 2009

Stephen Jackson wants out of GS

(I guess this is his farewell to Golden State Pic)
Stephen Jackson wants out of Golden State and has hired an agent to facilitate a trade, our Marcus Thompson II confirmed late Friday night on our "Inside the Warriors" blog.
Jackson told an audience gathered Friday in New York for a shoe company's party that he doesn't expect to be with the Warriors when the season begins in November.
Jackson stunned the crowd after he was asked by an MC if he thought the Warriors would make the playoffs.
" "Um I don't think I'll be a Warrior next year. I'm looking to leave," Jackson said.
The 31-year-old Jackson signed a three-year contract extension with the Warriors while acting as his own agent last November. But, he has since cooled on the idea of playing for an organization that has missed the playoffs in 14 of the past 15 seasons. Jackson said that playing for Don Nelson and his offensive system was fun, but now rewarding enough.
"(Playing in Nellie's system) gave me a chance to show everything I could do on the court," Jackson told Dime Magazine Friday. "It was great for me, but at this point, I'm 31 years old. I have four or five years left, I want to be in a situation where I can continually be in the playoffs and get another ring. So that's where my mind is at now. "I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship." Jackson said he's already informed the Warriors of his wish to be dealt and he mentioned Cleveland, Texas


(Houston, San Antonio or Dallas) and the New York Knicks as his preferred destinations.
Jackson led the Warriors in scoring (20.7 points per game) and assists (6.5) last season while playing in just 65 games. He underwent season-ending toe surgery in March.
Courtesy of:Mercury News
Like Always"It`s Been A Pleasure"


No comments:

Post a Comment